Friday, January 22, 2010

What will I do when life is a roller coaster?

When life seems to be a roller coaster and I feel like things are just not going the way I think they should, one story I usually look to is found in Genesis 37-50. A common story told to children of all ages. A story about a man named Joseph how he was sold into slavery by his own brothers, thrown into prison for something he did not do and later became ruler over Egypt. In this we see a man who could have easily believed that his God had forsaken him. Through every trial Joseph continues to find favor even in the most unfortunate places.

Are you on a roller coaster? How are you reacting to God? Praising Him or questioning Him?

Lets take time today to praise God for his work in us:

Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Deuteronomy 8:10 When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you

Psalm 100:1-5

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations

Amen!

- Carolyn Hanneman

No comments:

Post a Comment