Thursday, December 10, 2009

Diligently Seek Him...

I am definitely not the writer in our family. Although with two children in school, I have become somewhat of an editor. I love red pens and proofreader’s marks. I do like to read every chance I get. Some days that’s only the back of cereal box or a recipe with exception to being in the Word. But as I was searching for a box of Christmas cards that I know I stashed somewhere last year after a good clearance sale I came across this small book called One Incredible Moment. It’s a compilation of writings by Max Lucado “celebrating the majesty of the manger.” This is one of his writings that I think we can all relate to during this Christmas season:

Simeon [said], “Can I stay alive until I see him?”

The Magi [said], “Saddle up the camels. We aren’t stopping until we find him.”

The shepherds [said], “Let’s go … Let’s see…”

They wanted the Savior. They wanted to see Jesus.

They were earnest in their search. One translation renders Hebrews 11:6: “God … rewards those who earnestly seek him” (NIV).

Another reads, “God rewards those who search for him” (PHILLIPS).

And another: “God … rewards those who sincerely look for him” (TLB).

I like the King James translation: “He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him”.

Diligently-what a great word. Be diligent in your search. Be hungry in your quest, relentless in your pilgrimage. Let this (book) be but one of dozens you read about Jesus and this hour be but one of thousands in which you seek him. Step away from the puny pursuits of possessions and positions, and seek your king

Don’t be satisfied with angels. Don’t be content with stars in the sky. Seek him out as the shepherds did. Long for him as Simeon did. Worship him as the wise men did… Risk whatever it takes to see Christ.

God rewards those who seek him. Not those who seek doctrine or religion or systems or creeds. Many settle for the lesser passions, but reward goes to those who settle for nothing less than Jesus himself.

--Merry Christmas and may you be blessed for your diligence!
--Cindy Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment