Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Jesus Storybook Bible

Have you been looking for a great children’s Bible for that special kid in your life? It would make the perfect Easter gift to keep the focus on Jesus. I know what you’re thinking: “She must be working on commission.” No, I’m not. I just happen to love reading this Bible myself (my kids love it too) and want to share it with you. This wonderful Bible is "The Jesus Storybook Bible" written by Sally Lloyd-Jones and illustrated by Jago. It contains 21 stories from the Old Testament and 23 stories from the New Testament. These stories are not written with verses, but every story points us to Jesus. In a gentle, yet passionate way, Sally Lloyd-Jones tells how mankind could never be good enough or wise enough or work hard enough to save itself. Each story shows the condition of the heart, the need for a savior, and God’s promise to rescue us through Jesus. Here is an excerpt from the first story in this exciting Bible.

“No, the Bible isn’t a book of rules, or a book of heroes. The Bible is most of all a Story. It’s an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It’s a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne - everything - to rescue the one he loves. It’s like the most wonderful of fairy tales that has come true in real life!” (page 17)

Jago uses brilliant illustrations to help tell these incredible stories. I appreciate his use color, texture, and emotion. I also like his representation of various cultures and ethnicities. If I could draw, I’d try to give you a taste of the beautiful illustrations by Jago. But, I cannot. You will have to pick up a copy for yourself to see his amazing artwork.

Check it out here: www.jesusstorybookbible.com


- Anna Spraker

No comments:

Post a Comment