Monday, March 8, 2010

ANSWERING HIS PRAYER

As Easter draws nearer, I start thinking about Jesus as the Suffering Servant: what He went through and why. When I examine my life I can’t help but ask myself, “is Jesus getting what He deserves? Am I really the answer to His prayer?”
John 17:22-23 "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.”

When Jesus is praying these words He is hours away from being betrayed by Judas, arrested, mocked, beaten, and killed for a crime He didn’t commit. He knows all of this is coming and in the hours before it begins He is praying for … us, you, me. His thoughts are focused on making sure we will live for what He is about to die for.

The question is are we? We have been entrusted with the glorious Gospel of salvation. Is the reality of what Christ has done for us shining through our lives? Does the presence of the Lord rest upon us in such a way that others are drawn to Him? This is the prayer of my life. I want Jesus to receive everything He asks His Father for when I lay my life at His feet on the last

-John Spraker

1 comment: