Monday, October 5, 2009

Here I am

Then [Jesus] said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second. And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
--Hebrews 10:9-10 (NIV)

What a wonderful verse of scripture… the Son of God saying to the Father “I’ve come to do your will”…
I realize that good biblical interpretation says that the “first” is the sacrificial system of burnt offerings that was replaced by the ultimate sacrifice of Christ; but look at the above in the following manner… In order to do His will (the 2nd part) we must deal with and set aside the 1st part (here I am). So often we stand in the way of the will of God. We just are not as interested in the 2nd as much as we are in the 1st part…


In the course of 25 years of ministry I know I have been in the way of what God has wanted to do. Like many of us I sometimes believe I can help God out. There used to be a very old cartoon when I was a kid (yes we had TV then) the super hero would sing “here I come to save the day…” many saints today have the same mentality… I’ll save the day we’ll do it my way; after all God gave me these incredible gifts and abilities. Thank God that Jesus had a different mentality; He never did things any other way than God’s way. Here I am I have come to do your will. We can only do His will when we make His will ours. When you’re doing His will your not interested in the limelight or the spotlight…it doesn’t matter what people think of you or don’t think of you…it only matters that you do the will of Him who sent you.
Blessings may your way become Yahweh

Dr.Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment