Wednesday, March 25, 2009

God's Word: Our Destiny...

GOD’S WORD: OUR DESTINY

Part 1. “My Plan for You -- Your Heart’s Desire”

--“Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.” Psalm 119:105

--“Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against God.” Psalm 119:11

--“The Word of God is quick (living) and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12

Knowledge of the above scriptures, that many of us have known seemingly all of our lives, should be enough to compel us to faithfully and diligently read, study, know and live the Word of God. After all, this Word of God, your/my Bible, is the representation of Jesus that we can literally hold in our hands, press to our hearts and see with our earthly eyes.
But knowledge of these scripture passages, that we have just recalled, is obviously not enough. If it were, more believers would be spiritually mature and walking in great faith. If most Christians are familiar with these words and have even memorized them, but are still not hungry enough to be diligent to really study God’s Word, then what is the problem? What is lacking? I believe that part of the missing link is apathy toward God’s Word and lack of “revelation.” People need revelation knowledge -- revelation understanding -- of the fact that God’s precious, wonderful Word is life to our bones --- that it holds the keys to finding and living that abundant life that Jesus told us is there for us when He said, “I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10b

Most Christians are not living out abundant life. For example, this is evident in statistics that tell us that the present day rate of divorce is greater in the church than it is outside of the church. This just should not be! The abundant life that Christ wants to give us is a life lived to its maximum. I want to “max out” my life here on earth. Do you? I want to fulfill my greatest potential and to have the greatest success in all aspects of my life that is possible for me to have. Do you?

To be continued...

-Connie Wohlford

No comments:

Post a Comment