Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What are you Thankful for?

As Thanksgiving approaches I find myself not thinking about the things I'm thankful for, as the holiday implies but thinking about all the things I've got to get done. Cooking, cleaning, cooking some more; crazy deadlines I've got because I can't balance everything I want to do with the amount of time I have to do them in. Is sleep really all that important? Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year: the cooking, the cleaning, the crazy deadlines, but when it starts to weigh me down (read consume my thoughts and give me that sinking feeling in my stomach) that is when I know I have problem. So tonight I am giving myself a good shake and making myself concentrate on what I'm thankful for:

A wonderful husband who is my best friend.
Family who are so understanding about my life.
Friends who know who and what I am and still like to hang out with me.
A little dog who I am crazy about.
A Church family who I dearly love.
And most importantly: A Heavenly Father who is crazy about me.

This is my list, what's yours? Let's hear from you RWC! What are you thankful for? Leave your list in the comments section and let me know, even if it is about your little dog.

-Allison Laster

8 comments:

  1. I also am thankful for my wife, friends, jpb, and little dog. Also that I live in a country where I can worship God freely (for now) and express my opinions. Sometimes it is easy to get bogged down in the details of life and all that we HAVE to do, we forget what a great privilege it is to be a child of God what it all really means. All this is temporary and it will pass. God's love is eternal and unconditional of the way we act or feel. Sometimes the closest thing we get to that in this world is the love of the little dog that we leave for hours on end and they act just as happy to see us when we get home as when we left. I am lucky that I feel that love from many sources around me, but none surround me like God's love. Thank you to all at this church that truely care about others and have a spirit of giving of themselves. Bob Hickman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for the love and support I have from my real family and my church family. I can never thank these people enough. I am thankful for a roof over my head, a good job and food on the table. I am thankful for a woman in my life who seems to love me very much. I am also thankful for the hardships that I have been able to endure. I has helped me grow as a man and a Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What am I thankful for?? I dont think there is enough time in the day to list everything!

    Family, I thank God more and more every day for a family that is so loving. One of the greastest gifts this year was being able to celebrate my Grandma's 90th Birthday!

    Friends, Like Allison said, They love me just as I am!

    Church family, I dont even want to think about life without these wonderful people!

    GOD, Let Everything that has breath Praise the Lord! Give Thanks with a Greatful Heart! I can do ALL things through CHRIST! I will sleep in Peace for You alone make me dwell in safety!

    Cindy Havens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for good food, Jesus, parents, pets, the Bible, friends, protection, cuddly stuffed animals, a nice cozy bed, a car, my church, electricity, and toys. I am thankful for all of these things and I love the church and my pastors.

    Alley Ratcliff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful and glad that I have my own little kid's spy club. I am glad that we have Mollie with us.

    Brianna Ratcliff

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for "A ministry-driven church fulfilling the great commission in small town Virginia." Radford Worship Center family! A husband driven by the desire to please his Saviour. The two beautiful gifts God has placed in our care while here on this earth. Family near and far. Salvation, forgiveness, and freedom through Christ. A giant, black, drooling, heart of love on four legs. Sorry Allison- - -not a little dog :)

    Lora Ratcliff

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel the Love!!!! I am thankful for all that God has placed in my path. From Allison and family to the young people of RWC and the staff at RWC and the RWC family as a whole. What great folks to stand arm in arm with serving our King. I love all of you and it's a privilege to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL.....that last post was mine.....forgot to put my name........Pastor Mike

    ReplyDelete