Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More of the Word...

I have been teaching from the book of Mark chapters 1-3. Learning and receiving from my students is a blessing. We have been looking at Jesus' Authority (power, right, and privilege) in preaching, teaching, forgiving sins, healing diseases, casting out demonic spirits, and being Lord of the Sabbath.

Our Sunday is a day of worship, rest and refreshing. Or minds, emotions, and body need rest and refreshing. Our spirits and mind need renewal and instruction from the Word. Should we not submit to Jesus' authority in our lives?

1 Corinthians 6:19,20 says, "What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."

Romans 12:1,2 says, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed my the RENEWING of your MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect, will of God."

Yes, I LOVE the WORD!!!

Psalm 119:48 says, "My hands also will I lift up unto Thy commandments, which I love; and I will meditate in Thy statutes."

Psalm 63:4 says, "Thus will I bless Thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in Thy Name."

The Word is not boring!

Jesus said in John 6:63, "My Words are spirit and life..."

Thanks for reading.
I love you.

Are you submitted and committed to Jesus???

- Jean Ratcliffe
Adult Bible Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment